‘WHY HAS THAT WIP I’M FOLLOWING NOT BEEN UPDATED?’ ROULETTE!
- Author got little to no feedback on previous chapter, thinks nobody cares and/or everyone hates the story
- Author received negative feedback and thinks everyone hates the story
- Author started another story in order to get rid of writer’s block brought on by WIP and is now totally consumed by new story, keeps staring guiltily at WIP reminding his/herself to continue it
- Author’s real life suddenly got TOO REAL.
- Author got seduced by another fandom
- Author doesn’t use sofware that autosaves and lost most of the next chapter, is too lazy to rewrite
- Author has sudden case of believing everything they write is absolute shit and doesn’t want to subject you to sub-par work
- The story has been pretty much leading up to the next chapter and Author is now procrastinating out of fear and self doubt because they’re pretty sure they’re gonna mess it up
- Author thought it was okay to lead into this one plot point, but due to feedback/further reflection, has now realised that they need to write another 3000 words to get there and is not emotionally ready