The Earth at night. Photographs taken by NASA.
If you are having a bad day, please unmute.
(Huskie puppy doesn’t quite get the howling thing. Sounds like a baby babbling.)
* day is fixed*
ok. i super needed this.
THIS. The whole world should watch this.
the older I get, the less patience I have for the idea that a story is inherently complex or #deep because it has a bittersweet or tragic ending, or that people who like for things to end on a happy note are simple-minded weaklings who can’t handle harsh realities and mature storytelling.
Look, shit is fucked. Life is a mess. Sometimes it’s a struggle to even come up with a reason to go on. I respect that media should be realistic and true to life, but fucking sue me, for once I just want to see the bad guys eat shit while the good guys ride off into the sunset and never have anything bad happen to them ever again. I don’t care if it’s unrealistic or implausible, that’s why it’s a fucking story. I have enough tragedy in my real life, thanks.
Remus Lupin: Sirius you did what.
Ok but hasn’t it been shown that a single stupefy wouldn’t be enough to have an effect on hagrid due to his giant blood?
clearly this means that hagrid pretended that the stupefy knocked him out, gently laid down on the ground so the baby wasn’t jostled, and pretended to snore while sirius ran the fuck away
possibly interrupting himself mid-snore to offer advice
*Hagrid sits up*
“SUPPORT ‘IS LI’IL HEAD, YE GREAT IDIOT!”
*Sirius climbs on motorbike*
*Hagrid sits up again*
“DON’ FERGET TO BURP ‘IM AFTER A FEEDIN!”
*Motorbike zooms off*
*Hagrid sits up, cups hands and yells*
“AN’ MAKE SURE ‘E SLEEPS ON ‘IS BACK!”
*lies down again for another five minutes for good measure*
then he lies there mumbling about how he shouldn’t’ve said that
- Freelance worker lives in huge, gorgeous house/apartment in expensive area despite never seeming to be working
- Characters work 8-5 office job with hour-long commute, but go to bed no earlier than midnight and get up in time for morning sex and long, leisurely cooked breakfasts every day
- Do these characters even have jobs?
- Single parent has way more communication with child’s teacher than is normal; leads to dating; administration somehow has no problem with this.
- “I know I could never afford this mansion, but it’s OK I inherited it. No, paying property taxes isn’t difficult on my salary. I don’t even know how much the place is worth. Are property taxes a thing?”
- There are two levels of cooking skills: gourmet food every time no recipe, and sets pot of boiling water on fire somehow. No one is ever in between these two skill sets. People on each level always end up dating each other.
- Despite the gourmet meals described needing like seven pots to cook, no one ever does dishes.
- Character shares a bottle of wine with their date (2 and half glasses each), and they both get falling-down drunk.
- Later, one of them drinks an entire bottle of whiskey by themselves and does not die.
Oh my god
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
Les Mis Modern Aesthetic, Joly
He was the gayest of them all. All these young, maniacal, puny, merry incoherences lived in harmony together, and the result was an eccentric and agreeable being whom his comrades, who were prodigal of winged consonants, called Jolllly. “You may fly away on the four L’s,” Jean Prouvaire said to him.
Les Miserables, Victor Hugo, 3.4.1
Face Claim: Aldis Hodge
First of all, thank you. Those tags totally made my night. XD (…yes, I stalk my reblogs. Sorry. -.-;;;)
Second of all, I will GLADLY babble at you about this particular headcanon, if you like. JUST SAY THE WORD. Because it is a fully-formed headcanon with a trilogy of fic attached to it and it is very, VERY near and dear to my heart and I will happily grab any excuse to babble about it. ^_______^
“it will be remembered that she was more of a lark than a dove.”
This adorable bunch of heroes