Breaking News: Broadway Cancels ALL Saturday Shows After State of Emergency Declared and Transit… http://ift.tt/23kJYl0
I’m glad I decided against standing in the cancellation line for Hamilton today!
I feel bad for the casts who’s shows are closing like Spring Awakening and Allegiance. To think you had four shows left and now you suddenly only have two. 😦 That also sucks for the ticket holders trying to see shows before they close.
But the snow is more than anticipated and safety is important.
You do hear a little bit of Yoda. You hear Luke yelling out, ‘Nooo!’ from that moment in Empire. And you hear Obi-Wan at the end say, ‘Rey … these are your first steps,’” Abrams says. “Here’s the cool part. We asked Ewan McGregor to come in and do the line. And he was awesome and we were very grateful. He was incredibly sweet and handsome, and all that stuff. Then he rode off on his motorcycle. Literally the coolest voice over actor ever.
I see many antisemitic comments on Tumblr, and it occurred to me that maybe non-Jews just don’t realize they’re being antisemitic. So I decided to make a list of antisemitic beliefs, statements, and microaggressions for your future reference. (Feel free to add any I might have missed.)
- Jews control the media/government/banks/world.
- All Jews are rich.
- Jews have a disproportionate amount of wealth/power.
- Antisemitism is no longer an issue/doesn’t exist.
- Jews are not oppressed.
- Jews are greedy/selfish.
- Jews only care about themselves.
- Jews make everything about themselves.
- Jews are disloyal to [the country they live in].
- Jews are not trustworthy.
- The Holocaust wasn’t that bad.
- Jews are milking the Holocaust for their own gain.
- Jews need to stop talking about the Holocaust.
- The Holocaust was a white-on-white genocide.
- People only care about the Holocaust because the victims were white.
- Jews caused the Holocaust.
- Jews made the Holocaust up.
- Jews caused [insert terrible event].
- Jewish women are [insert negative trait].
- Jewish men are [insert negative trait].
- All Jews are [insert negative trait].
- [White] Jews aren’t the real Jews.
- Jews descend from Khazar converts.
- Jews are racist because they only marry other Jews.
- [Any statement comparing Jews to Hitler or Nazis.]
- Jews are doing to others what Hitler did to them.
- Jews only care about the Holocaust and not other genocides.
- [Comparing the Star of David to the Nazi Swastika.]
- [Asking any Jew you meet what their stance on Israel is.]
- [Justifying antisemitic violence against Zionist Jews.]
- Jews are going to get what they deserve.
- Antisemitism isn’t a problem because Israel exists.
- [Blaming all Jews for the actions of Israel.]
- [Blaming all Jews for the actions of one Jewish person.]
- Jews think they’re better than everyone else.
- Hitler should’ve finished the job.
- Hitler was right/no wonder Hitler wanted to kill Jews.
- Jews have been kicked out of every place they’ve lived and they don’t think it’s their fault.
- No wonder everyone hates Jews.
- If Jews didn’t act [a certain way] no one would hate them.
- Rabbis are rapists/molest baby boys.
- I would never date/marry/have sex with a Jew.
- You don’t look Jewish.
- You look really Jewish.
- If you [altered stereotypical features in any way] you would be so much prettier.
- Jews use the blood of non-Jewish children or animals.
- Jews killed Jesus.
- Jews are poisoning white society.
- Jews complain too much.
- [Erasure of Jewish ethnic groups.]
- [Erasure of Jewish history.]
- [Mocking Jewish traditions or culture.]
- [Calling for the deaths of Jews or another Jewish genocide.]
- Jews assimilated into white culture so they could gain privilege.
- [Identity policing Jews.]
- Jews steal culture and land.
- Jews owned slaves/participated in the slave trade.
- Jews need Jesus.
- Jews are going to hell [unless they accept Jesus as the messiah/convert to Christianity].
- Judaism is just Christianity without Christ.
- [Dressing up as a Jewish person.]
- [Doing a “Jewish voice”.]
- [Categorizing Jews as ”Good Jew” or “Bad Jew”.]
- [Saying something isn’t antisemitic when you aren’t Jewish.]
- [Trying to redefine the word antisemitism.]
- [Comparing another tragic event to the Holocaust.]
Reblog this all over the SJW space!!! They need this the most
- Europeans/White Jews stole Judaism from people of color
- The phrase Judeo-Christian
- The amount of hate crimes against Jews is over-exaggerated
- Non-Jews saying “you can’t be Jewish if you do(n’t) _____”
- The Jewish American Princess stereotype
- Jews are rich therefore they can’t be oppressed
- “Bernie Sanders upholds white supremacy”
- Implicating Jews in white supremacy
- The idea that antisemitism started and stopped with the Nazis
- “Donald Trump is just like Hitler”
-being really concerned about the state of a Jewish mans genitals
-calling any Jewish practice “backwards” or “outdated”
if you follow me and are not Jewish please read this!!!!!!! it’s v important
“I feel like I’ve just been Jewed down.”
[Trying to police a Jew’s eating habits i.e., keeping kosher or kosher for Pesach – “Oh right, you can’t eat that.”]
[Alternately, not providing a kosher option for Jews who keep kosher.]
I’m sure I could think of others, but these were the ones that popped immediately to mind.
Obi-Wan fighting Genereal Grievous; Episode III Revenge of the Sith
I was REALLY hoping to get a YT treat written, because I write treats every year… but since the archive opens in like 40 MINUTES and I just finished editing my assignment… I’m thinking that’s not going to happen.
I suppose I could write a treat or two later or tomorrow for the Madness Collection.
Through a program called United Paws over 200 “comfort dogs” will be descend upon seven airports across the country from 9 a.m. until noon Monday to Wednesday. The dogs will be there to help reduce the stress of holiday traveling. See if your airport is one of the lucky seven.
No but seriously.
This all goes hand-in-hand with the whole “NO ONE CARES ABOUT BROADWAY ANYMORE~~~ /SADFACE” BS spewed by Broadway industry/NYC tourism board people.
Like, they’ve got this narrative in their head that people just suddenly lost all interest in theater one day and are trying to paint themselves as the victims of an uncaring public completely oblivious to the fact that attendance went down around the same time that ticket prices started inflating into the hundreds for seemingly no other reason than “they felt like it.”
Back in the ‘90s you could get orchestra seating tickets for a popular new Tony Award winning show for somewhere between $80-$100.
Now? Theaters are charging the same amount for seats in the nosebleed section with an obstructed view. It’s ridiculous. Orchestra seat tickets these days are going for as high as $500. That’s a 400% increase over the course of twenty fucking years.
Imagine spending ~$1000 on a night out with your partner and that doesn’t even cover the cost of dinner.
Outside of lotteries – which not every theater does, aren’t highly advertised, are not easily accessible to people who work/are visiting – it’s literally impossible to buy a pair of tickets without ending up spending somewhere between $200-$400 unless you’re seeing a show that’s been running for over ten years.
People can’t afford to go to Broadway anymore.
Or if they do, they have to save up or wait for a sudden influx of money and then choose one show that they really want to see that year and hope anything else will still be open by the time they get the money to see that.
You cannot continue to price more and more people out of Broadway theaters and then 1) complain that no one’s coming anymore so they must not care, and 2) complain that people are finding other ways to try to experience these unnecessarily exclusive shows.
The film industry was partially founded on the idea of making theater more accessible to people who couldn’t patronize Broadway. When did the theater industry decide that film was its enemy?
No wait, I’m not done.
People want to see the shows.
That’s why bootlegs exist! Not because people are selfish, but because they can’t afford the only means of actually seeing them.
You really think that people who pay for bootlegs wouldn’t happily pay for a legitimate professional recording?
Why do you think Andrew Lloyd Webber is slowly working his way through his entire catalogue and putting out DVD’s? Of even the FAILED projects! And people are watching them! They’re watching them so enthusiastically that he’s in the process of reviving at least one of those epic failures!
For fuck’s sake even the Metropolitan Opera has a partnership with one movie theater chain to livestream their productions because they understand this very basic concept that people will pay to experience something they really want to but not if they can’t afford it.
Also, What does it say that every time a musical is filmed and released, it always has big named stars attached to it, it’s always labeled with ‘movie of the year’ and always tops the box office for the weekend it’s released?
The fact that Phantom of the Opera with gerard butler earned back more than twice it’s budget despite heavy criticism. Hairspray from 2007 earned almost 3 times. Mama Mia earned back 12 times its budget.
Because i can afford ten dollars to see a movie, i might even be inclined to see a movie twice or three times in theatres, and still buy it on DVD for 25$ when it comes out. which, all in all is less than 60$.
Clearly the point ins’t that musicals aren’t popular, despite what pop culture would like to tell you about theatre kids. Musicals are always popular, and movie musicals almost always do well financially, and id bet money its because it’s a lot easier to take a chance on seeing a new movie for less than the cost of a dinner than to see a broadway show for the cost of a mortgage payment.
I can think of three live shows filmed, off the top of my head (Rent, Shrek and Cats) and they’re all very well done, (i mean, cats as a show is kind of generic) I own a copy of all three, and to be honest I’d rather have copies of these shows as filmed on stage then the ones i have that are actual movies. Stage performance is an entirely different medium than film performance and you can’t really encourage people to embrace a new art form if youc ant expose them to it.