Combeferre being a very private person and Courfeyrac knowing it. So when they start dating, Courf keeps it rather quiet so as not to alarm him though he’d rather scream it to the Heavens. Well, one day Courf and Ferre run into Ferre’s sister unexpectedly and Ferre’s like “this is Courfeyrac.” Court thinks he hasn’t told her they’re dating when she hugs him and goes “So YOU’RE the boyfriend he never shuts up about. Getting a bit annoying, I think our mother may strangle him.“
And Courf just takes Combeferre’s hand and smiles like the sunshine he is.
Courfeyrac : listen, i can’t pretend my relationship is perfect okay?
Courfeyrac : because i don’t need to pretend anything
Courfeyrac : it is
Courfeyrac : courf out.
Courfeyrac : *high fives Combeferre*
great things about enjolras knowing both of his best friends are hopelessly in love with each other yet for some reason refuse to admit it to the other one and live happily ever after:
- combeferre leaving the room and enjolras heaving an immediate sigh because he can feel the five minute long stream of high pitched whining noises about to come from courf before courf can even open his mouth
- the daily routine of ferre saying “he’s never going to feel the same way” and enjolras’ deadpan reply of “right. of course. you’re only his favorite person on the planet. it’s not like he can’t sleep without hearing you say goodnight or anything. it’s not like he refuses to watch certain movies when you’re out of town because they’re ‘your thing’. it’s not like he calls you ‘mi cariño’ literally all the time. no yeah. you’re right. he practically hates you.” and cue ferre staring at him for ten minutes straight. every. single. day.
- enjolras resorting to drastic seasonal measures when christmas rolls around by physically attempting to shove ferre and courf together beneath the mistletoe
- enjolras coming home to find courf and ferre cuddled up together on the couch or laughing way too hard over some stupid video game or cooking and half dancing together while making dinner in the kitchen and remembering why it is he hates them so much for being so blind so so so so terribly, devastatingly blind and he’s not seventeen magazine why can’t they just get it together on their own
So we’re going to be accepting submissions and following the tag /courferre week same as last year. We’re most likely doing themes so if you have any ideas for any send them our way!
Courferre week is August 7-13th this year. DONT MISS OUT!
Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and say some stuff. I’m the new mod for this blog, which really has no impact at all on Courferre Week, but I feel like I’d be lying to you if I didn’t say.
Courferre week is August 7-13th this year, and I’m super excited! (My name’s Cassandra -or Cass if you want-, if you’re wondering) Things are the same as last year, tag your stuff as ‘Courferre week’ when it gets there!
Also, how would you guys feel if I made themes for each of the days? Cool or should it be freestyle?
Yay! I was just about to put out a general ask about this. ^_^ Glad to hear it’s gong to happen and I’ll make sure to add it to the calendar. ^_^
As for themes, I’m usually lucky if I even get anything written for Courferre Week at all, much less written to a theme, but if you think it would motivate people, then why not, right? ^_^
Thanks so much for picking this up! 😀
ok but can we please talk about combeferre with a beard for a moment
combeferre, clean-cut and professional combeferre, who has been so busy with his shifts at the hospital that he has had no time to shave so he walks into the musain for the next meeting, apologizing for being late and enjolras stops talking immediately. all of les amis turn and look at him. jaws drop. there is not a sound to be made
and finally courfeyrac just curses and stands up like “I GIVE UP. YOU LOOK HOT EVEN WHEN YOU HAVEN’T SHOWERED OR SHAVED IN THREE DAYS. I GIVE UP” and walks right out
and combeferre just stands there horrifically confused until grantaire breaks the silence “eh, it’s alright”
ok but consider:
-ferre coming home after a long day at the library and just plopping down at the dining table and taking off his glasses
-while he’s rubbing his eyes tiredly courf cleans his glasses on his own shirt and is, at the same time, super heart-eyes about sleepy ferre
-when ferre’s done he just automatically leans forward to get his glasses back
-ferre’s eyes are still half closed but there’s a silly half smile on his face and he looks so endearing so ofc courf’s heart starts fluttering
-but he places the glasses back on ferre ever so gently and pecks him on the nose and they both start giggling like the nerds they are
The thing is they’ve both tried flirting with each other for TWO MOTHER F**KING YEARS and neither of them gets that the other is flirting.
It started off really subtle.
Combeferre took a picture of a sunflower and sent it to Courfeyrac with the caption [found you in my garden :)].
Courfeyrac went to a nature museum without Combeferre but sent him a picture of a cool-looking moth with the caption [you ;)].
Combeferre called him minutes later, “YOU WENT TO THE MUSEUM WITHOUT ME!!!”
Courfeyrac faceplams. He knew he’d have to take it a step further…at this point they both did.
Courfeyrac stole Combeferre’s glasses to mess with him one day.
“Come on, Courf, give them back! I can’t see shit!” Ferre groaned.
“Why should I?” Courf asked.
“Because I can’t admire that beautiful face of yours without them,” Ferre replied.
Now any normal person would’ve taken that as blatant flirtation, not Courf. He just thought Ferre was trying to sweet talk him into returning his glasses (it totally worked though).
Ferre wasn’t sure if he was happy to have his glasses back, or upset that Courf still didn’t get it.
Then there was the time that Combeferre texted him late at night telling him to go to sleep because he just knew Courf was awake worrying about an exam.
[Courf, go to sleep. You’re gonna do fine on this test. Stop worrying and get some rest or so help me I will some over there]
[And what’ll u do 2 me when u get here? ;)]
[Kill you for working yourself up like this. Courfeyrac, you are smarter than you think and you’re gonna do great on this exam. Go to sleep for me?]
Combeferre is lying in his bed thinking, ‘He really doesn’t know by now that he’s amazing and I love him?’
Courfeyrac is lying in his bed thinking, ‘I just basically asked him if he wanted to have sex with me and he told me to go to sleep.’
This calls for drastic measures.
Courf actually straight up said, “Cute ass, Ferre,” as Ferre bent over to pick something up.
And Ferre just replied, “Thanks, Courf.”
Like he wasn’t even phased.
Ferre sends him the link to the song “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen because Ferre loves Queen and says, [Reminds me of you.]
Courfeyrac LISTENS TO THE SONG then types back [Aaawww Ferre! Ur my best friend 2!!!]
Ferre audible groans and almost throws his phone across the room. He immediately texts Enjolras (who’s literally two rooms over, but Ferre doesn’t feel like walking)
[Can you believe this? I sent him a LOVE song and said it reminded me of him and he still doesn’t get it! How can I flirt more obviously than that?!]
He looked at the top of his screen and saw Courf’s name, and immediately panicked. Another text came through before he reposnded.
[UR flirting with me????]
Ferre shrugs and types [Yep, have been for two years, thanks for noticing]
There’s no response, instead his phone starts ringing, it’s Courf.
Courf can barely speak he’s laughing so hard, “We’re idiots, both of us are idiots!”
“I’ve been flirting with you, too, dumbass!”
“You….wait….that was?…oh my god we are idiots!”
“I can’t believe this.”
“Come over and we can actually talk about this, I’m hanging up now, idiot.”
Courfeyrac goes to Combeferre’s place and they do talk about it…they do much more than just talk.
“I’m in love.” Courfeyrac rolled onto his back and draped his free arm over his eyes. “With the super hot, super brilliant, guy next door and I’m. Not. Allowed. To. Date. Him.”
Courfeyrac loses a bet, which means he’s not allowed to ask anyone out on a date for a month. And then he meets Combeferre.
Little Les Amis & Co. summer things
- night time gatherings in Jehan’s roof garden, city lights and the smell of flowers
- Bossuet’s collection of the most ridiculously patterned swimming trunks (from neon colours to flamingos to surfing dinosaurs)
- the explosion of freckles in Feuilly’s face after the first really sunny day
- Grantaire using pencils to tie up his hair
- Joly carrying around at least three bottles of sunscreen after Enjolras
turns up with his skin matching the colour of his jacket (It’s red.
Like. Lobster red.)
- Courfeyrac and The Great Seduce Combeferre Plan Of 2K16 (which literally consists of a never ending array of the shortest hot pants imaginable)
- Combeferre and The Great Seduce Courfeyrac Plan Of 2K16 (including tight, short sleeved button-ups because tattoos and also biceps)
- Bahorel arranging both of said plans
- Musichetta barefoot with long swinging maxi skirts
- Cosette teaching Gavroche how to make flower crowns and everyone getting into a competition to get him to give them the first one
- Éponine trying not to get caught smiling fondly at the slightly crooked flower crown on her head but refusing to take it off
- Montparnasse’s choked off sobs in the distance when Marius shows up in socks and sandals