“Ah, Monsieur Mabeuf,” said Cosette gently as she entered the room of the old man, who was staring at the wall, morose. When he looked up at her, frowning as if he was trying to remember who she was, she felt her heart clench. “It’s so warm in this room, Monsieur. Wouldn’t you like to get a bit of fresh air with me in the garden?”
“The garden,” repeated Monsieur Mabeuf, his eyes suddenly slightly brighter.
“Yes.” Cosette smiled. “Éponine mentionned to me that you had a fondness for flowers. I happen to have a lot of them, and i’ve neglected to see them for a long time now.”
“It’s no good to do that,” said Monsieur Mabeuf, shaking his head. “Flowers, they need care, and love. I had the book for you – i had, i had a lot of books…” His voice trailed off. He sighed. “I don’t know if I can move much, my lady. I am quite tired. Old men should not, perhaps, survive two bullets in the chest.”
“I won’t insist if you are too tired of course,” said Cosette carefully, moving in to rest a gentle hand on his frail shoulder. “But I would love to hear your advice, and i’ll be honest with you, it’ll be nice to have company to keep my mind off Marius’s sickness…”
“Oh,” said Mabeuf, startling. “You’re Marius’s lady. I thought – i was told you never left his side these days.”
Cosette’s cheeks turned dark, but she did not falter.
“Marius is well-cared for while I am absent,” she told Mabeuf. “He is with his friend Monsieur Courfeyrac, whom I think you know. Still, I can’t help feeling a bit agitated, as you understand. All signs point to him getting better, and yet -”
There was no pretense in the way her voice shook at the idea that Marius might truly never wake up. The thought horrified her still, and being far from him did not help her ease her worries. But the emotion seemed to do the trick at last. Mabeuf awkwardly patted her hand.
“There, there,” he said softly. “If an old man like me could get out of this barricade, I’m sure Marius can only do so too. He’s a brave boy, like his father. Help me out of his chair. We’ll go see your flowers now. Truly, flowers are more fragile than young men, we have to make sure they’re doing well.”
Coffee shop AUs are great but what about Cat café AUs though?
- Jehan Feuilly and Cosette run this very popular cat café that doubles as a tea room. Feuilly is always thorough with the kitties’ vaccinations and health, never straining his fuzzy children when they don’t feel like it
- Enjolras isn’t a cat person by any stretch of imagination but went along to humour Courfeyrac, who’s not so much a cat person than an EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES person.
- So when a cat started to purr against his leg, Enjolras was like “what do I do? Is it going to pee on my leg? Courf what the fuck do I do?!”
- Grantaire is fucking LIVING! He comes for the cats more than the drinks. He always has at least 3 on his lap and 2 kittens in the pockets of his hoodie. He makes very realistic cat sketches that Cosette hangs on the walls.
- Combeferre comes there to study often, telling the cats what he’s studying at the time, especially anatomy so that he can demonstrate: “See, you spine has-Yes, I love you too, but stay in place, so your spine-stop moviiiiing”
- Courfeyrac has the time of his life. He dresses the kitties in the homemade outfits Jehan knits, he babytalks them, he tries to teach them tricks, snapchats pics… He’s often guilty of lion kitting (while singing the opening of “Circle of Life” very loudly)
- Bossuet wants to rename all of them to make a team: “You will be Catain Amewrica, you will be the Sulk, you will be Black Meow….”
- Joly is allergic to cats, so he stays away and requests countless snapchat pics and videos to live the experience through his phone, the poor dear
- Jehan can somehow serve tables with a cat steadily sat on their shoulder??? Some say they have an excellent posture. Others evoke witchcraft. Jehan never denies
- Bahorel wants to adopt each and every single one of the cats. He’s extremely possessive with them “No, no don’t go to Courfeyrac, you love me, remember? Why do you… YOU TWO FACED BASTARD I PETTED YOU FOR AN HOUR!”
- Feuilly is the alpha mom of the pack, all the kitties love him. Everytime he comes up to a table, Feuilly steals the show because the cats are suddenly all over him for cuddles. He loves them dearly and wants them healthy and happy
- Cosette can do sick latte art, notably cat faces with cream, the signature drink of the house. She’s the sweetest with everybody and slips free pastry to children. Always wears cat earings to work.
- Marius is allergic to cats, but he’ll show up anyway. No one can tell if he’s blushing from Cosette’s presence or having a rash
Des belles fleurs: [Art + drabble fill] A canon era AU where Éponine survives the barricade and meets Cosette once again. Both girls learn to deal with their pasts, somehow.
In return I got Keep me close, a wonderful nsfw Enjoltaire by sonatadream (!!!!!??? wow I just noticed this!) thank you so much dear ❤
ooh, I missed this somehow?? Your style is always so lush! I love the colors here; even though they’re so soft, every picture still feels totally saturated with them. And I love the little story playing out over the pictures!
I roll the window down
And then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road
And the strong scent of evergreen
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.
Feuilly/Cosette | Les Mis Rare Pair Week 2016
Cosette! Now I remember. We were children together, now look what’s become of me.
I didn’t see you there, forgive me
#VALJEAN IS LIKE #YOU STEP BACK YOUNG BOY #WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? #TOUCHING MY LITTLE GIRL? #HOW DARE YOU #I’M AN EX CON #I SPENT 19 YEARS IN PRISON FOR BREAD #I’M TOTALLY READY TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE IN PRISON BECAUSE I DEFENDED MY PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL (x)
Little Les Amis & Co. summer things
- night time gatherings in Jehan’s roof garden, city lights and the smell of flowers
- Bossuet’s collection of the most ridiculously patterned swimming trunks (from neon colours to flamingos to surfing dinosaurs)
- the explosion of freckles in Feuilly’s face after the first really sunny day
- Grantaire using pencils to tie up his hair
- Joly carrying around at least three bottles of sunscreen after Enjolras
turns up with his skin matching the colour of his jacket (It’s red.
Like. Lobster red.)
- Courfeyrac and The Great Seduce Combeferre Plan Of 2K16 (which literally consists of a never ending array of the shortest hot pants imaginable)
- Combeferre and The Great Seduce Courfeyrac Plan Of 2K16 (including tight, short sleeved button-ups because tattoos and also biceps)
- Bahorel arranging both of said plans
- Musichetta barefoot with long swinging maxi skirts
- Cosette teaching Gavroche how to make flower crowns and everyone getting into a competition to get him to give them the first one
- Éponine trying not to get caught smiling fondly at the slightly crooked flower crown on her head but refusing to take it off
- Montparnasse’s choked off sobs in the distance when Marius shows up in socks and sandals
((Seeing that Father’s day post going around got me wanting to draw some cute Cosette with her papa… but then I got sad for Marius and Georges and then I got carried away with the Thenardiers NO SURPRISE THERE.))
“it will be remembered that she was more of a lark than a dove.”