oh, it REALLY is
like, everyone knows Combeferre is ridiculously knowledgeable about everything. And of COURSE Grantaire can do quotes and citations from every book and article he’s read since he was 12, it’s kinda spooky.
But everyone forgets about Bossuet. Everyone forgets he can and does engage everybody in conversation all the time about whatever they’re into, he’s an easygoing guy, he lets other people go on about their interests, and he listens, and he remembers, and now he’s kicking everyone’s ass at this game by your powers combined.
They’re doing it in teams, and somehow they all end up on the same side. It’s a bloodbath.
it happened once. ONLY ONCE. Now they are Not Allowed to be on the same team, and also they have to have on their team at least one (1) of the following players, for balance : Enjolras, Feuilly, Marius, or Joly* (who are of course all terrifyingly smart, but with a much narrower focus of interests than the game really rewards)
Also, following the Great Boardgame Bloodbath of 1829, Joly and Bossuet are Not Allowed to be on the same team, in any game, ever.
*Joly WOULD have a much wider range of interests, but : Med School. He weeps for all the popular entertainment he’s not having time for these days.
Bahorel and Prouvaire for the ship meme?:D (canon era?)
Canon era, huh? Oh gosh. I never feel quite smart enough to talk about them in canon era, because I feel like there are so many Romantic things that I don’t know about? BUT I WILL GIVE IT A GO. ^_^
- How do much do I ship it?: Never heard of it/ Notp / Dislike / used to ship / maybe / ship it / aww / otp / IS IT CANON YET?
- What non sexual activities do they like to do together?
I imagine they see a lot of theatre. And visit all the best salons in Paris – not necessarily the most fashionable, but the ones with the best wine, the best company, and the crowd most likely to explode into poetry or revolutionary fervor (and depending on the mind-altering substance of the night, that could really go either way).
- Who does chores around the house?
Bahorel. Prouvaire has a bit of trouble pulling his head out of the ether and into practical pursuits. ^_^
- Who’s the better cook?
…neither. Fortunately, Bahorel knows all the best places to go in Paris including all the best places to get yourself fed without risking poisoning yourself or burning your rooms down. (…don’t ask. Really. The curtains haven’t smelled the same since. O_o;;;)
- Who’s the funniest drunk?
Probably Prouvaire, but not because he’s actually funny. Prouvaire normally is a bit maudlin and leans heavily towards the Romantic, but Prouvaire drunk is… maudlin about the most innocuous things; things that are decidedly UN-Romantic. For example, he’ll wax poetic for hours about dandelion fluff and how it resembles a kitten’s tail, and treat the topic with the seriousness devoted to talk of death. Bahorel finds it adorable and refuses to let anyone tease him for it.
- Do they have kids?
Well… if we’re in CANON… TT^TT
BUT LET’S SAY THAT THING THAT HAPPENS AT THE END DOESN’T HAPPEN AND THEY BOTH LIVE TO 120.
Then, YES. They absolutely have kids. And grandkids. And great-grandkids. They adopt so many orphans and Bahorel, especially, never seems to have fewer than two hanging off him at any given time. Their home is warm and cozy and filled with light and laughter… and skulls. And other very bizarre things that it’s really best not to ask Papa Prouvaire about. Ever. …because he WILL answer you. And you probably don’t want to know. O_o;;;
- Do they have any traditions?
Prouvaire’s birthday celebration is always held in a graveyard. He once idly commented that he feels closest to life when among the dead and Bahorel brought him there for a picnic on his birthday one year and the tradition stuck.
- What do they fight about?
Mostly inconsequential things, like what color curtains to purchase and what to eat for dinner. When it comes to the big things they tend to be pretty well in sync. But they both have hot tempers and will explode at a moment’s notice when it’s called for – though Prouvaire has a much longer fuse and it takes longer to set him off. They both cool off as quickly as they explode, though, so they’ve usually cleared the air within an hour of whatever started the fight to begin with.
- What would they do if they found their paring tag on tumblr? (If they have one)
Oh gosh. Assuming such a thing were possible in 19th century France, they would have a BLAST. They’d make a secret ship blog and contribute SO MANY HEADCANONS AND SO MUCH FIC AND PHOTOSETS AND EVERYTHING THEY COULD. They’d think it was hilarious. XD
- Who cried at the end of Marley and me?
Oh, really. Like that’s even a question? Both of them.
- Who always wins at Mario kart?
Generally speaking, Bahorel, because Prouvaire just isn’t that competitive normally? But every now and then, Prouvaire gets this light in his eye and it is ON. And when that happens? Pfft. Bahorel doesn’t stand a chance! ;D
- One thing I like about this ship?
I like how on the surface they’re polar opposites, but at the core they have so much in common. I love how those opposites make them such a good and supportive pairing. I think they’d take very good care of each other and deal really well with each other’s eccentricities. ^_^
- One thing I don’t like about the ship?
…that they’re both dead?? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, BECAUSE LIKE I SAID, WE’RE IGNORING THE THING THAT HAPPENS ON JUNE 5, 1832. I CAN’T HEAR YOU, LA-LA-LA-LA-LA.
- The song I would say fits them?
…oh I’m terrible at those kinds of questions. I honestly have no idea. O_o;;;
- Another headcanon about the paring? (Free space)
Since I still have that whole prompt of headcanon to write for you, I’m going to wait on this one (also I have to run if I’m going to make it to yoga on time.) So, to be continued…? ^_^
↳ les amis → combeferre
“…to cause constellations of victories to flash forth at each instant from the zenith of the centuries, to make the French Empire a pendant to the Roman Empire, to be the great nation and to give birth to the grand army, to conquer the world twice, by conquest and by dazzling, that is sublime; and what greater thing is there?’
‘To be free’, said Combeferre.”
I started thinking absently about Steve Rogers’ jogging route during my run today and then i couldn’t STOP thinking about it because there’s literally NO WAY it makes sense unless you accept that he is specifically fucking up his entire morning routine to get another look at the cute boy he clocked on his run. I got home and started to make a post about it but it was like
so you’re just going to have to trust me
Enough people asked me to Get Into This that, you know what, fine. Let’s get into it. Under the cut please enjoy my doctoral dissertation, There Is No Carol In HR, or Captain America Is a Big Ol’ Creep and I Can Prove It with Maps.
READ THE WHOLE THING IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL I’M CRYING
Ever After, 1998 (dir. Andy Tennant)
The Princess Diaries Panel: “What was your favorite scene with Harrison Ford in [The Force Awakens]?
the rest of the planetary system is like fuck you
AU where Faramir went to Rivendell instead of Boromir?
- Everything turns out okay.
- That sounds flippant but imagine Denethor sending the right son to do the right job.
- Faramir goes to the cool green glade of Elrond, where he speaks of dreams and waves, and the elves whisper that the blood of Numenor runs true in the House of Hurin; Boromir spends his time riding like hell between Ithilien and Osgiliath, speaking with men around smoky fires, embracing his captains and saying to them, take heart, gather your strength, these are the times which test a man’s soul and lift it to glory, but we will see dawn come, we will keep Gondor free.
- Though they are cut from different cloth, this is something Boromir and Faramir have always shared–they are men deserving of leadership, they would be followed under the shadow of the East. Boromir aches for every one of his countrymen cut down, screams his defiance to the orc armies and rallies his arms; Faramir listens to the words of wisdom Aragorn offers, is gentle and kindly with the hobbits, greets Legolas in his mother tongue, offers Master Gimli praise.
- Wandering with the Fellowship below the empty sky, Faramir looks up at Maethor, the Warrior constellation, and thinks of his brother, prays that he is well, that he is safe, that he is still a little pompous, stilted, honest.
- Boromir spends another sleepless night playing with the chain at his neck, the small portraits of his mother and brother. (I cannot lose you too, I cannot–come back hale and whole, come back angry and proud and cunning and defiant of our father–)
- Faramir has never known the weight of all Gondor on his shoulders, and so is not tempted by the power the Ring offers.
- Boromir has always known the love of his father, and so never bears the scorn of Denethor when Osgiliath must be abandoned as too tenuous a position to hold.
- The day that Faramir comes striding into the Citadel, a child and wizard at his heels, Boromir cries out with joy as he has not for more years than counting, and they nearly bruise one another with their embrace.
- “You are almost skeletal, little brother,” Boromir laughs, though it is not true–Faramir looks touched with strangeness and greatness, as one whom the Witch-Queen of Lorien found favor in, whose nobility of form and face had ensnared the heart of the White Princess of Rohan.
- “And you look at least two-stone heavier, elder brother,” Faramir says, though it is false, Boromir is hollowed out and worn thin, deep shadows beneath his eyes and hunger-starved cheeks; in a glance, Faramir knows he neither eats nor sleeps nor laughs, nor feels–and Faramir, wiser and older than when he left, can see the weight his brother has always carried, and how lightly–all the stone of Minas Tirith on his shoulders, and still–
- “I have missed you, little brother.”
- “And I you, elder brother.”
“Everything turns out okay.”
The Emperor himself lent a hand to Return of the Jedi’s production.
this is the most delightful thing i have read all day
“Welcome, young Skywalker.” *scooch scooch scooch*
I will tell you where I thought I (Luke Skywalker) came in.