trying to communicate w ur mutuals without replies like
Now testing: Replies
This very beta new feature allows people you follow to reply to your posts. So far, this feature only works from the Dashboard and only on your primary blog. Some big updates are on the way. 🙂
You can enable it by checking off Customize → Advanced → Enable replies.
To whoever’s passing this around: this post is from a few years back, when Tumblr first instituted replies. So, no, Tumblr didn’t fix what they broke, and this is just a sad reminder of what we’ve lost 😦
Aw, DAMN IT. I guess that explains why it’s not a choice on mine. ARGH, tumblr. ARGH. Thanks for letting me know, though!
Send a post to someone that’ll love it.
Messaging news! Three things are happening! All of them are good:
- There’s a new button on every post. It’s a paper airplane.
- That paper airplane lets you send any post as a message.
- And messaging is out to everyone. We flipped the switch.
So now 100% of you can talk to a Tumblr using posts instead of words. Or in addition to. Whichever. Have fun!
The paper plane is on iOS and the web right now, and it’ll be flung out to Android users over the next 24 hours.
*slams hands on the table* THESE ARE NOT THE REPLIES WE WERE LOOKING FOR
BRING BACK REPLIES
I NEED TO CASUALLY GIVE PEOPLE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
- You can ‘discuss’ any reblog of any post, not just reply to an OP.
- Instead of going on record in a post’s notes, your comment is only available to message recipients.
- It’s much more personal and involved, imo too personal and involved.
- It puts pressure on people to respond to you in a way that replies very much didn’t.
- We were already able to send people a message to discuss anything, including a post, in private. All this does is drop a link in it.
Bring back regular replies.
UG. FUCKING TUMBLR.
Yeah, me, too. I was assuming that something about the new update broke an xkit thing and it’ll look weird until the xkit team fixes it.
…or I could be wrong and tumblr staff may have just fucked up an update. *shrugs*
Pardon our dust
Hey, you know the reply feature? That little speech bubble icon at the bottom of some posts?
That’s going away for a little while. We’re making room for something bigger and better coming down the pike. Stay tuned.
[Edit: our boss-man confirmed that replies are indeed coming back at some point.]