Can we stop pretending this is okay?
19 yr old Boy: I’m scared of having children can I get a vasectomy?
Society: Yeah! Its so easy to get one too!
19 yr old Girl: I legitimately suffer from bad mental health issues that could kill me if i was ever forced to bear a child because I’d have to go off my medication for 9 months, I have a physical disability that I do not want to pass on, and I have bleeding disorders that often put my life in jeopardy. Can I get a hysterectomy?
Society: FUCK NO!!!!!!!! YOURE TOO YOUNG YOU HAVE TO KEEP BLEEDING AND HURTING EVEN IF YOU NEVER WANT KIDS ALSO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU NEED TO HAVE BABIES OR ELSE YOURE A FAILURE AS A WOMAN!!!!!
I’m seriously fucking sick of seeing this attitude, and especially from other women too. Even on support forums for women who want or have had hysterectomies, they scold young women and feed them the fucking disgusting “You’ll change your mind, you must accept your duty as a walking incubator” bullshit. I’m tired of being quiet about this shit, I’m honestly fucking furious about this and I want it to be addressed by our society NOW.
As some of our own followers have shared, this isnt just something prevalent in random citizens. Actual doctors will refuse to do these types of procedures on adult women/those able to bear children for these same reasons.
love that movie civil war for the way it Nails the clash between people’s external reads on tony vs The Truth
– backstage MIT people ready to kiss tony’s ass like he wants a fanfare and parades in his honor when really he’s looking for random excuses to ditch the adulation and leave through the back door
– mrs spencer thinking tony won’t give a shit about her son when in reality her struggle becomes a key factor pushing him to the accords
– steve assuming pepper was pregnant, like this guy heads off into the horizon and people assume happiness and then tony’s pretty much like “actually no i am Miserable” in not so many words
– “you alright?” “always,” tony answers, fucking literally clutching his own chest after almost non-successfully talking ross out of approaching steve with a killing squad
– scott lang like “this is your conscience, we don’t talk a lot these days” when in the beginning of the movie tony literally has an “it helps ease my conscience” line i’m just fuckinG
– natasha like “are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one god damn second” literally 1 milisecond before pointing out herself that ross & co practically have tony on a leash and he literally spent the entire movie begging
– tony being like “i was wrong” and sam, who presumably barely ever talked to tony responding like “that’s a first” when he clearly doesn’t hold steve to the same “openly admitting i’m wrong” requirements and like lmao tony was actually The First to say “i was wrong” in the movie and like literally his first scene has him standing in front of an audience like “have a live sneak peak of a MOMENT I REGRET”
bonus points for doing that without compromising the characterization of the IM1 guy who came out of the cave ready to make OPEN HONEST AND PUBLIC AMENDS the guy whose first “back from captivity” press conference speech starts with an honest and personal comment about his incomplete relationship with his father, and moves on to an admission of guilt. the guy who went up in front of journalists and said he wasn’t the hero type because of all his character defects, this guy, My Guy, the guy who has a deleted (WHY) line about how reputations stick with you and he was never entirely comfortable with his, My Guy, My Tony Stark, is finally Back, complete with the tragic Struggles of a reputation he can’t free himself from even though he will Fucking tell you In Person, with minimal prompting, that his conscience is Heavy
Attack of the Clones | Deleted Scene BTS | Padmé and C3PO
C-3PO: “You see, when Master Annie made me, he never quite found the time to give me any outer covering. It’s so humiliating.
Padmé: “Maybe we can do something about it.”
It’s such a pity this scene didn’t make it into the final cut of the movie because just like the rest of the AOTC deleted scenes it adds even more depth and meaning to the Anidala relationship and their connection to their children. Futhermore it shows how well thought-out the whole story was by George Lucas as he elaborated even the smallest detail regarding the Skywalker family legacy and the story continuity.
Padmé: Let’s see, if we put this… here…”
C-3PO: “Ooooh! That tickles.”
Padmé: “You’ll have to be quiet, Threepio. Hold still, please.”
The whole moment is significant and epic on many different levels –
10 years ago
Anakin built C3PO and now Padmé completes him. This basically makes the droid their mutual creation, their baby and it’s as if they made him as a gift for their children without actually knowing it; first serving their daughter, then their son and later them both, so in this way the parents will always be a part of their children’s lives.
Owen: “Well, Padmé, I think he should be yours from now on…I know that is what my Mom would want.”
Not only does Padmé complete C3PO in the same rundown workshop where her son cleans him 23 years later, Owen also gives the droid to Padmé not unlike the time he entrusts him to Luke (no doubt happy to finally get rid off that chatterbox); which also explicitly explains the reason for C3PO’s departure with Anakin and Padmé later in the movie. It’s a short but also an important and private moment between Padmé and Owen – uncle and foster father to her son, the man who loved him and protected him when she no longer could and brought him up into the good man, the good person he later becomes, in many ways so similar to his own father. There is also this little moment when Owen calls Shmi his ”mom” which accentuates the fact that he is indeed Anakin’s family and Padmé’s future brother-in-law which is something that kind of got lost or was barely implied in the original version of AOTC.