Why Do People Always Assume There’s a Quick Fix to my Chronic Illness?: A Novel by me.
PS. I promise it’s not diet and exercise.
The date has changed to November 26. We changed it at the end of last year.
Repeat: THERE IS NO ACE DAY ON MAY 8. IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO NOVEMBER 26
What do ruined people do? Weird shit. This seems to be the consensus of psychoanalysts as far back as Freud and Jung; the traumatized self creates, out of necessity, a system of self-care that is keen to avoid repeat trauma. This makes change difficult; it makes people who’ve had part of their psyches destroyed by unmanageable emotions push people and emotions away, create obstacles, generate unnecessary drama.
Anakin sometimes thinks of the dread that eats at his heart as a
dragon. Children on Tatooine tell each other of the dragons that
live inside the suns; smaller cousins of the sun-dragons are
supposed to live inside the fusion furnaces that power everything
from starships to Podracers.
But Anakin’s fear is another kind of dragon. A cold kind. A dead kind.
Not nearly dead enough.
Character: [doesnt have any dialogue. Barely ever seen in source material & fanworks. Has minimal, if any, provided backstory]
Me, pushing aside fan faves: HEY. YOU THERE. hEy . T H E R E. Hey, you there, i see you over there, i want u to c omE HERE
- If you sometimes feel like it was pure, ridiculous hubris that you ever started a story that would take so much work and persistence to finish, I promise you, you’re not alone.
- If you feel like you’ve already been writing forever and the “good bits” are still ages away, you’re not alone.
- If you’ve been stuck for days or weeks or longer because you know what happens later but you don’t know what happens next, you’re not alone.
- If you’re desperate to squeal about your beloved OTP but you feel like you can’t, because spoilers, and it’s driving you nuts, you’re not alone.
- If you feel like you’ll never finish and you’re bound to fuck it up somehow, you’re not alone.
- If you wonder if you’ve sabotaged yourself because who’s going to click through to a 28 chapter WIP, you’re not alone.
- If you feel like you’ve been pouring your life into a single story for ages and will be for ages still and you don’t know why anymore because hardly anyone seems to care, you’re not alone.
- If you can hardly even plan the further-away parts of the story or even think about them because thinking about them reminds you how absurdly far you still have to go and you get massive anxiety, please believe me. You are not alone.
‘WHY HAS THAT WIP I’M FOLLOWING NOT BEEN UPDATED?’ ROULETTE!
- Author got little to no feedback on previous chapter, thinks nobody cares and/or everyone hates the story
- Author received negative feedback and thinks everyone hates the story
- Author started another story in order to get rid of writer’s block brought on by WIP and is now totally consumed by new story, keeps staring guiltily at WIP reminding his/herself to continue it
- Author’s real life suddenly got TOO REAL.
- Author got seduced by another fandom
- Author doesn’t use sofware that autosaves and lost most of the next chapter, is too lazy to rewrite
- Author has sudden case of believing everything they write is absolute shit and doesn’t want to subject you to sub-par work
- The story has been pretty much leading up to the next chapter and Author is now procrastinating out of fear and self doubt because they’re pretty sure they’re gonna mess it up
- Author thought it was okay to lead into this one plot point, but due to feedback/further reflection, has now realised that they need to write another 3000 words to get there and is not emotionally ready