More photos of the finished 1890s ensemble! I’m so happy with how this looks and photographs. It turned out exactly I wanted it to, which is the most wonderful feeling!
This costume consists of four main pieces – a skirt, blouse, jacket, and hat. I used faux wool flannel and silk for the vast majority of the ensemble and It was designed, drafted, and made entirely by me.
This project wasn’t difficult, but it did test my patience at times. I’ve never done this much pattern matching before and it was more time consuming than I had expected. I also ran into some road blocks with skills I was unfamiliar with…like making the collar, and designing soutache patterns. But I got it all figured out in the end!
I’ve documented the process in great detail on my blog, those posts can be read here. More photos are posted here, and a video that shows the details and process of getting into this costume is posted here!
This is one of the best aquatic turtle enclosures I have ever seen. While it seems over the top, everything present is necessary for happy, healthy turtles. At least 100 gallons of water, filter, heater, basking lamp, UV light, haul out area, and dry land. If all aquatic turtles were kept this way I’d never see any because they would rarely get sick.
this is amazing! i am low-vision and could use this when i am travelling