Gryffindors are bright mornings, leaves dripping in gold. They’re the trailblazers, unafraid of the road ahead. They’re laughing so loud your stomach hurts, the knowledge that your friends are right behind you wherever you go. They’re ice skating with someone you love, clinging on to them for dear life. They’re make-believe games with quests and dragons and swords pointing at the sky. They’re rosy cheeks, winter winds and freezing hands. They’re the adrenaline when a plane takes off, the drop at the top of a rollercoaster. They’re delighted screams and freedom, the wind through your hair. They’re panting, pillow fights, feathers bursting into the air. They’re finger painting and festivals and burning sunsets. They’re the burn in your lung after chasing something you’ll never be able to catch.
Hufflepuffs are honey and flowers and the soft autumn sun. They’re knitted jumpers and scarves and soft tan boots. They’re fresh air and nature, the sound of birds singing. They’re rolling down a hill in the spring, grass stains on your knees, daisy chains in your hair. They’re waving at someone across a crowded room, bright smiles and laughter. They’re coming home after a long day and seeing your family. They’re playing fetch with your dog, your cat weaving between your feet. They’re fluffy socks and song birds and kraft notebooks with hand drawn patterns. They’re throw cushions on a bed, a tiny cottage surrounded by wilderness. They’re the ground beneath your feet, the air that you breathe. They’re the light you chase when you thought you’d never see the morning.
Ravenclaws are leather bound books and overstocked libraries. They’re waking up at two am to google that thing that’s bugging you. They’re journals with half the words crossed out, scribbles and ink stains and missing pages. They’re stretching when you’ve been hunched over all day, rolling off the edge of a bed, burrowing in blankets. They’re torch light and held breaths and reverent whispers. They’re the entire night sky and everything beyond it; the embodiment of the universe. They’re desperate searches and hidden castles and ghost stories by firelight. They’re the mystery of a dark corridor, the force of a whirlwind. They’re the excitement of discovery, the rustle of crunched up paper. They’re the last whisper before you fall asleep.
Slytherins are foggy hillsides and picturesque landscapes. They’re hand written love notes and subtle glances across a classroom. They’re black boots, long coats, buttons done up to the top. They’re tipping your head back to breathe the air, kicking up stones on a deserted path. They’re mirrored lakes, everything below the surface. They’re the confidence to get something right, the feel of magic in your fingertips. They’re holding your breath underwater, pretending to be a mermaid when you swim. They’re finding that one song that makes you want to create a storm. They’re the chill in the breeze, the force in the tide. They’re enchanted forests and lingering glances and long drives. They’re the lightning and the thunder and everything in between.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
- Robert, definitely. He’s very family-oriented and despite all his fault, people – and their feelings – come first for him, leading him to make good decision (helping out Mrs Patmore, with her cataracts in season one and with the memorial in later seasons), being in general very generous and understanding to his staff – probably more than most other men in his position. Going off to America to help his brother-in-law. Then not-as-good decision: sheltering Mary in season 4 to an unhealthy degree, refusing to sell land to sell the estate because of what the people on the land meant to him. Yeah. Robert’s main priority has always been people, he’s pretty much the biggest Hufflepuff of the show.
- I’m torn between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw for Edith, but I think I’m going to have to go with Hufflepuff. Her love of the outdoors and work, for one thing: Edith needs to be busy to be happy. She works incredibly hard, and she takes her work very seriously. She’s incredibly loyal to those who love her. She’s a great boss, because she listens to others and their input and she’s a great team worker (unlike other members of her family, eh). All in all, she’s the one who takes the most after her father, so her sharing his house makes sense, you know?
- Matthew!! Matthew Crawley, oh my god. One of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. Fair and incredibly generous. A little emotional like his Gryffindor mother, and just as dedicated to doing the Right Thing, though while Isobel usually sees it as a Cause and Idea, Matthew wants to do right by the people around him, i.e. everything with Lavinia. You know he’s have stood by her and loved her and been a loyal husband, even though he knew he still loved Mary. Just. Matthew. ;-;
- Baxter! We didn’t get to see much of her, which was a shame, because I loved her. Smart and kind and soft-spoken Baxter, also incredibly loyal – to her employer yes, but also to her friends, like Thomas – even when they do wrong by her she’s so warm-hearted and always finds it in her to forgive them (the only person she finds it hard to forgive is herself, and that breaks my heart…)
- Alfred! and William, too. Both sweet guys, good guys, who want(ed) to make their little place in the world and get by as well as they can.
oh gosh yes. *_* I love every one of these and I never would have thought of Robert, but you’re TOTALLY RIGHT. He is the most Hufflepuff to ever Hufflepuff. 😀
The only two you didn’t list who I like to think of as Hufflepuff are Anna (so I’d love to know where you’d sort her! ^_^) and maybe Tom. I wobble between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor for him depending on my mood. ^_^
im collecting scientific data just for fun
what’s ur hogwarts house, sexuality, and zodiac?