Can you imagine?
You are moping on your island of self-imposed exile, and then this girl shows up.
- She’s flying your best friend’s ship. The ship that Han thought he lost for ever. The ship that was stolen and passed through so many hands that he was sure he’d never see it again. The same ship that took you away from home for the first time.
- She’s accompanied by your personal droid. The droid you left behind and abandoned. The droid that C-3PO was sure would never be the same again.
- She holds out her hand and she’s holding your father’s light saber. The sword you were sure was lost forever. The light saber that you dropped down a bottomless air shaft on a gas giant thirty years ago. The light saber you knew you would never see again.
- You look up and you see her eyes. Maz Kanata says that if you live long enough, you see the same eyes looking out of different faces. The girl’s face is different, but those eyes are the same. You know those eyes. They’re the eyes you thought you’d never see again.
And that’s when you know it.
They say sometimes the Force works in mysterious ways. Sometimes, the Force will send you little signs. Subtle clues.
Other times, the Force will just beat you repeatedly over the head with a gigantic neon sign that says: “You can’t run away from your past anymore, Luke. I won’t let you. Look, here is your past come back to haunt you. Now deal with it.”
You have no idea how much I adore this post with my whole being
I like the idea of the Force sending Luke little signs over the years that it’s time to return to his loved ones, gently increasing in intensity as he ignores them, until it finally gets fed up and shoves the events of Episode 7 into motion, finishing with a flourish of HERE’S YOUR NEW APPRENTICE, SPACE HOBO.
Aided and abetted by the ghost trio, I imagine. Especially since he did not look at all surprised.
Obi-Wan and Yoda sending him dreams and whispers for 15 years, before an exasperated Anakin pushed them aside “Excuse me, but you two are not very good at dealing with Skywalkers and have amply demonstrated that fact over the decades. We don’t do subtle. *appears giant-size over the sky* That’s it, Luke, we’re sending you all the things! So PULL YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, SON!!”
Les Miserables Aesthetics- Bahorel
“Bahorel was a good-natured mortal, who kept bad company, brave, a spendthrift, prodigal, and to the verge of generosity, talkative, and at times eloquent, bold to the verge of effrontery; the best fellow possible; he had daring waistcoats, and scarlet opinions; a wholesale blusterer, that is to say, loving nothing so much as a quarrel, unless it were an uprising; and nothing so much as an uprising, unless it were a revolution; always ready to smash a window-pane, then to tear up the pavement, then to demolish a government, just to see the effect of it…“
…Where did you ever find that amazing waistcoat?!? *_*
han “i know you have a crush on me” solo
My favourite things about this scene:
1. Han and Leia have done this sort of thing SO OFTEN that they can move out of the way to let people through while continuing to argue, and
2. the Princess of Alderaan/Leader of the Rebellion having a spat with General Solo about whether or not she fancies him or whatever is so commonplace that nobody even feels bad about walking through the middle of their fights.
I mean look at that guy’s face. He’s seen this fifteen times before.
And you just know that people used to be really polite when Han and Leia got into an argument.
They maybe tried to walk a different way around the base, or they’d just stand there, feeling awkward, till Han and Leia were finished or felt bad enough to pause and let them through but eventually everyone’s just, NOPE, WALKING RIGHT THROUGH THE MIDDLE, GOT A REBELLION TO RUN HERE, KTHXBYE.
cosette getting pregnant and hmming and tutting about whether to stop working for a while because she really likes her job but she doesn’t want to leave the baby with someone else and she doesn’t really know what to do hmm hmm
and marius is absolutely tripping over himself because he has a really valid reason to not be a lawyer for a while and hang w/ his family instead this is the best???? thing??? ever???
stay at home dad marius holding up their baby so they can see cosette through the window when she’s coming home and being like ‘it’s maman!!!’ and their baby is hitting the window like !!!!
i mean like i just accepted stay at home dad marius as a thing takes the baby to see cosette during her lunch break proudly toting a diaper bag going to play groups and summer camps getting really into the blogging scene very earnestly doing things that he read about online no really joly the internet said so (thirdtimecharmed)
in heaven one day joly bursts through the door of their new musain and trips over himself to get to courfeyrac at which point he yells “it’s a boy, it’s a boy, and they named him after you!” and courf is so overwhelmed he can’t even respond
i really like that this line:
Who has been unhooking the stars without my permission, and putting them on the table in the guise of candles?
is literally just grantaire saying ‘yo why are these lights so fucking bright i’m too drunk for this’
marius: yesterday, i lost my dear friends, enjolras, grantaire, eponine, feuilly, lesgle, joly, jehan, combeferre and courfeyrac
enjolras (from the next room): QUIT TELLING EVERYONE WE’RE DEAD
marius: sometimes i can still hear their voices…
what do you mean that’s not what happened
Together, they are unstoppable. Unbeatable. They are the ultimate go-to guys of the Jedi Order. When the Good Guys absolutely, positively have to win, the call goes out.