oh, it REALLY is
like, everyone knows Combeferre is ridiculously knowledgeable about everything. And of COURSE Grantaire can do quotes and citations from every book and article he’s read since he was 12, it’s kinda spooky.
But everyone forgets about Bossuet. Everyone forgets he can and does engage everybody in conversation all the time about whatever they’re into, he’s an easygoing guy, he lets other people go on about their interests, and he listens, and he remembers, and now he’s kicking everyone’s ass at this game by your powers combined.
They’re doing it in teams, and somehow they all end up on the same side. It’s a bloodbath.
it happened once. ONLY ONCE. Now they are Not Allowed to be on the same team, and also they have to have on their team at least one (1) of the following players, for balance : Enjolras, Feuilly, Marius, or Joly* (who are of course all terrifyingly smart, but with a much narrower focus of interests than the game really rewards)
Also, following the Great Boardgame Bloodbath of 1829, Joly and Bossuet are Not Allowed to be on the same team, in any game, ever.
*Joly WOULD have a much wider range of interests, but : Med School. He weeps for all the popular entertainment he’s not having time for these days.
okay, no, better yet:
you know, in my head it’s always kind of a choice beween enjolras/feuilly and courfeyrac/feuilly, but.
you can get all the multiships! because then you can have combeferre/bahorel/prouvaire, which is amazing and honestly a little dangerous, and j/b/m/r, which we all know is the real ot4.
-Enjolras who’s afraid that his friends don’t see him as a friend or a fun person to be around but as a leader who doesn’t care about anything other than revolution
-Combeferre who worries that he talks too much about the obscure things he’s interested in and that people tire of him because of it
-Courfeyrac who worries that he’s too talkative and extroverted and clingy but really just wants his friends to know he loves them and wants them to be happy
-Feuilly who worries that he misses too many get get-togethers and hangouts because he’s working all the time and that his friends forget about him
-Bahorel who is afraid that his friends only see the surface of him that’s tough and bro and let’s get wasted
-Joly who worries that he annoys everyone by worrying about germs so much but he can’t help it so he just tries to cover it up by acting super upbeat all the time
-Bossuet who worries that every time he walks into a room his friends think oh no what will he fuck up this time
-Grantaire who worries that he’s too fucked up and depressed for anyone to handle and so he hides when he’s having a really bad day
-Jehan who worries that everyone thinks they’re weak or annoying because he loves love and flowers and poetry
Coffee shop AUs are great but what about Cat café AUs though?
- Jehan Feuilly and Cosette run this very popular cat café that doubles as a tea room. Feuilly is always thorough with the kitties’ vaccinations and health, never straining his fuzzy children when they don’t feel like it
- Enjolras isn’t a cat person by any stretch of imagination but went along to humour Courfeyrac, who’s not so much a cat person than an EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES person.
- So when a cat started to purr against his leg, Enjolras was like “what do I do? Is it going to pee on my leg? Courf what the fuck do I do?!”
- Grantaire is fucking LIVING! He comes for the cats more than the drinks. He always has at least 3 on his lap and 2 kittens in the pockets of his hoodie. He makes very realistic cat sketches that Cosette hangs on the walls.
- Combeferre comes there to study often, telling the cats what he’s studying at the time, especially anatomy so that he can demonstrate: “See, you spine has-Yes, I love you too, but stay in place, so your spine-stop moviiiiing”
- Courfeyrac has the time of his life. He dresses the kitties in the homemade outfits Jehan knits, he babytalks them, he tries to teach them tricks, snapchats pics… He’s often guilty of lion kitting (while singing the opening of “Circle of Life” very loudly)
- Bossuet wants to rename all of them to make a team: “You will be Catain Amewrica, you will be the Sulk, you will be Black Meow….”
- Joly is allergic to cats, so he stays away and requests countless snapchat pics and videos to live the experience through his phone, the poor dear
- Jehan can somehow serve tables with a cat steadily sat on their shoulder??? Some say they have an excellent posture. Others evoke witchcraft. Jehan never denies
- Bahorel wants to adopt each and every single one of the cats. He’s extremely possessive with them “No, no don’t go to Courfeyrac, you love me, remember? Why do you… YOU TWO FACED BASTARD I PETTED YOU FOR AN HOUR!”
- Feuilly is the alpha mom of the pack, all the kitties love him. Everytime he comes up to a table, Feuilly steals the show because the cats are suddenly all over him for cuddles. He loves them dearly and wants them healthy and happy
- Cosette can do sick latte art, notably cat faces with cream, the signature drink of the house. She’s the sweetest with everybody and slips free pastry to children. Always wears cat earings to work.
- Marius is allergic to cats, but he’ll show up anyway. No one can tell if he’s blushing from Cosette’s presence or having a rash
les amis de la cravate
#I like how it’s all carefully tied cravats #and then there’s Enjolras#even Grantaire managed to tie his cravat properly and I bet he wasn’t even sober#get your shit together Enjolras#how do you expect to take control of a revolution when you can’t even keep control of your own cravat
Little Les Amis & Co. summer things
- night time gatherings in Jehan’s roof garden, city lights and the smell of flowers
- Bossuet’s collection of the most ridiculously patterned swimming trunks (from neon colours to flamingos to surfing dinosaurs)
- the explosion of freckles in Feuilly’s face after the first really sunny day
- Grantaire using pencils to tie up his hair
- Joly carrying around at least three bottles of sunscreen after Enjolras
turns up with his skin matching the colour of his jacket (It’s red.
Like. Lobster red.)
- Courfeyrac and The Great Seduce Combeferre Plan Of 2K16 (which literally consists of a never ending array of the shortest hot pants imaginable)
- Combeferre and The Great Seduce Courfeyrac Plan Of 2K16 (including tight, short sleeved button-ups because tattoos and also biceps)
- Bahorel arranging both of said plans
- Musichetta barefoot with long swinging maxi skirts
- Cosette teaching Gavroche how to make flower crowns and everyone getting into a competition to get him to give them the first one
- Éponine trying not to get caught smiling fondly at the slightly crooked flower crown on her head but refusing to take it off
- Montparnasse’s choked off sobs in the distance when Marius shows up in socks and sandals
Thank you i hope so too!!
It surprised Feuilly when he looked at his watch and realized that it was almost nine am already. He was not used to sleeping in or, indeed, to being wake up by the booming laughter of Bahorel rather than by his alarm clock and the radio. He opened his eyes, and startled when someone grabbed his arm and mumbled against him “not yet”
He glanced at his side. Courfeyrac, eyes still heavy with sleep, was nuzzling his shoulder. That’s when it hit Feuilly all over – he was in holidays. He was in Croatia, with his friends – there would be no work for the entire week, just a long list of museums and towns to visit, people to talk to, places to be amazed at.
He grinned and rose, ignoring Courfeyrac’s moan.
“Get up,” he said. “I’m sure everybody else will be waiting for us.”
“Liar,” muttered Courfeyrac, though he seemed less to reluctant to get up faced with Feuilly’s sudden enthusiasm. “You know Joly and Bossuet just like I do. They’ll sleep in.”
“But imagine the surprise of everybody if you come outside with me, so early,” Feuilly pointed out, and got out of the bed quickly, raising an eyebrow at Courfeyrac, who snorted. “Fine,” he said. “Go ahead, i’ll be right behind you.”
Feuilly was pretty sure Courfeyrac wouldn’t, but now that reality had settled in once more, he couldn’t wait. He got out of the little room they shared, and moved to where all the chatting seemed to come from, the terrasse. Outside, it was warm, and sunny, though there was just enough fresh air not to be uncomfortable. Enjolras, Bahorel, Jehan and Combeferre were all up. Grantaire was technically there too, though he seemed to be finishing his night against Jehan’s shoulder.
“Feuilly,” said Enjolras immediately. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?”
“Very,” said Feuilly. “Courfeyrac said he’d joined us soon. Are we waiting for everybody to be up to chose what we’re doing today? There’s the museum we saw when we arrived last night -”
“We have the maps and plans out,” said Combeferre.
“But first, breakfast,” said Bahorel firmly. “Sit down. Your enthusiasm will not be enough to sustain you. You need coffee and some pastries. Most important meal of the day, don’t forget”
“Yes mom,” said Feuilly fond and happy, and sat next to Enjolras, who took a sip of his coffee, and subtly offered him a guide book under the table as soon as Bahorel went back to discussing with Jehan.