Cosette is such a “thanks! It has pockets!” person
Yessssssssssss. ^____________^ OK, so we’ve discussed this many times before but Enjolras/Feuilly is definitely a ‘10′ ship for me (maybe an ‘11′ by now? XD). ^_^ They’re just too adorable because they respect and admire each other SO MUCH and can you imagine how good they’d be for each other? I mean, they both suck at self-care because they get too wrapped up in their causes, but they’d be SO GOOD at taking care of each other. *_*
But it took them a long time to get there.
They have such a slow courtship. Seriously. SO. SLOW.
When they first met, Feuilly was very closed off emotionally. He was passionate, sure, but he didn’t open up about himself much. He was quick to take up a cause, but slow to let anyone else in. He’d lost too much in his life and he’d been hurt too often and it had turned him shy of making new friendships. And he’d been so focused on getting out and doing better for himself that romance just never seemed to be in the cards.
Enjolras, OTOH, was an open book… he’d just never really thought about dating much.
There were always other things
which took precedence – school, friends, injustice. Who had time for
If pressed he’d have
said that he was asexual and aromantic, since a history of a lack of interest must mean something, right?
But when he meets Feuilly, they just *click*.
Pfft. No, they don’t.
(More behind the cut because this is getting long and turning into a mini-fic, good grief. O_o;;;)
I love it!
Just think of how happy it would make Marius! and how happy Cosette and Courf would be to love him all the time and spoil him and just make sure he knows he’s loved! Courf would definitely spoil them both, and have this wonderful chemistery with Cosette. and with how different Marius and Courfeyrac are, Cosette would never ever be bored and just.
imagine them getting ice cream – they each get a different flavour and end up sharing the three. and they take walks and play tourists in their own city all the time. their entire group chat is just them sharing cute animal gifs ahhhhh
they definitely have kids too. it’s just. they all wanted it so much.
That’s so cute! He would accidentally go full on hipster with his glasses and Bahorel will forever tease him about that!
Combeferre being a very private person and Courfeyrac knowing it. So when they start dating, Courf keeps it rather quiet so as not to alarm him though he’d rather scream it to the Heavens. Well, one day Courf and Ferre run into Ferre’s sister unexpectedly and Ferre’s like “this is Courfeyrac.” Court thinks he hasn’t told her they’re dating when she hugs him and goes “So YOU’RE the boyfriend he never shuts up about. Getting a bit annoying, I think our mother may strangle him.“
And Courf just takes Combeferre’s hand and smiles like the sunshine he is.
-bahorel won a flower shop in a fight. He does not remember who he won it from or why he was fighting, only that he also won the guy’s snazzy waistcoat
-bahorel does not know how to run a flower shop and refuses to acknowledge any of the legal side to running a business
-he puts a cryptic ad in the paper looking for a manager, and Cosette is the only person who replies to it
-he and Cosette run the store together and make each other flower crowns on their breaks
-Cosette rides a motorbike to make deliveries. Bahorel uses a tiny old fashioned horse and cart (don’t ask he won it in a bet)
-the rest of the Amis are amazed when they find out giant, buff, tattooed Bahorel works in this tiny place
-he and Cosette make everyone flower crowns on their birthdays
-she will fight anyone who tries to diss their shop like seriously sometimes even Bahorel has to hold her back
-God help anyone who angers them both
- Out of the two of them, despite popular belief, Joly is the clumsy one – Bossuet just happens to be on the receiving end of accidents more often than not. So, say there’s an unattended glass of wine on the table. Now, either Joly will accidentally knock it over, only for the contents to land in Bossuet’s lap, or the wine belonged to Bossuet and by the time he gets back to it Grantaire drank it.
- This has never stopped Combeferre from asking them to assist in his experiments – Joly is more than enthusiastic and Bossuet’s just happy that his friend is happy, so the occasional need to evacuate the house is just a risk they all accept. Combeferre’s neighbours, well, not so much.
- Actually it was Grantaire who introduced them to each other, before either of the three even knew what ‘Les Amis’ even were.
- Bossuet’s nowhere nearly as proud as Marius or Feuilly when it comes to asking for help but even he draws the line somewhere – and Joly always finds a way to sneak around it. Oh, woe is me, will you look at what that useless tailor did? This coat is way too big for me! Still, it would be a shame to just throw it away, would you like it?
- Both are very fond of practical jokes, but are also mindful of those who are not. Jehan, Enjolras, Feuilly and Combeferre are off limits, but no one else is safe. Musichetta included.
- Bossuet is liable to leave a clutter but Joly prefers his flat clean and in order, which in turn has vastly improved Bossuet’s household habits. (Joly is reasonably well off and he does employ a cleaning lady, but she can’t take care of every single household chore.)
- While Bossuet preferes to stay with Joly it’s not always possible – he has graced the sofas and spare matresses of each and every one of the core members of Les Amis before. Enjolras is a frequent target because he has a whole spare bedroom.
- They never outright stated what’s going on between them… The common members of Les Amis and their other, looser acquaintances only pick up that they are close friends and that’s that. The core members of Les Amis have just quietly filed away the fact that they belong together and either hold the opinion of ‘well, jolly good for them’ or chose not to further examine the question.
- Joly would very much like a cat, but his landlord won’t let him. He makes up for this by feeding all the neighbourhood cats.
- Joly makes a terrible fuss if Bossuet so much as sniffles.
Didn’t Crowley wake up in ‘32…?
(I love the idea of him bopping around and enjoying the Romantic weirdness. He WOULD.)
Yes! Yes, he did! *digs up kindle edition*
- Bahorel was the one who introduced him to the rest of Les Amis. They met in a cemetery, Jehan contemplating the mysteries of existence, Bahorel hiding from cops. They ended up discussing theatre and constellations.
- His fashion (well, more like anti-fashion) choices make him a bit too conspicuous for ‘field work’ so he has to keep around an Enjolras-and-Feuilly approved set for more secretive errands.
- His knowledge of various languages comes in handy – oh, what pamphlet drafts and what notes, officer, what are you talking about? These are merely my ponderings on religious texts in Hebrew. See? You can read it if you’d like!
- Talks to his potted plants. (His next door neighbour also does this but apparently he believes threatening them yields the best results. It does, his plants are always lush and beautiful, but Jehan doesn’t have the heart to copy him, so he sticks to kind words. Weird fellow, that neigbour. Always wears sunglasses, even indoors. Jehan approves.)*
- He’s a straight up Disney prince, he feeds the birds whenever he can – and sometimes gives them midnight flute concerts. His neighbours do NOT approve, except the one with the glasses. He says he should keep it up but maybe do it a bit louder.
- He’s very much taken with the idea of Love and falls in love with every second woman he meets (or at least he imagines himself to be in love). Thing is, he’s way too timid to actually talk to girls and even if he managed to get together with someone he wouldn’t know how to proceed. He probably wouldn’t really want to.
- His second favourite person after Bahorel is Combeferre – they’ve gone ghost-hunting together to every single reportedly haunted place in the general vincity of Paris. They also like to discuss linguistics and translation errors in works of literature.
- He tends to make a mistake of idolising people – painting them as larger than life and putting them on a pedestal, out of his own reach. That’s his constant mistake with women, but he does it with men too, sometimes. Enjolras, for example. It took him catching him in a very vulnerable moment to start to see him as a common mortal human – after that, despite their obvious differences they grew pretty close.
- He definitely has at least one skull at home. Nobody ever asked how he’s gotten them but they all suspect they didn’t come from a medical collection…
- He keeps an axlotl. He insist they have the key to immortality. He doesn’t experiment on it or anything, he just keeps it as a pet. (He noticed he’s getting a lot more respect from the neigbour with the glasses since he mentioned this fact to him.)
*In this universe Crowley didn’t sleep through the 19th century.
“EVIL IN GENERAL does not sleep, and therefore doesn’t see why anyone else should. But Crowley liked sleep, it was one of the pleasures of the world. Especially after a heavy meal. He’d slept right through most of the nineteenth century, for example. Not because he needed to, simply because he enjoyed it.*
* Although he did have to get up in 1832 to go to the lavatory.”
Gaiman, Neil; Pratchett, Terry. Good Omens (p. 33). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.
So, maybe he got up and stuck around for a while because he enjoyed Jehan’s flute playing? ^_^
okay, no, better yet:
you know, in my head it’s always kind of a choice beween enjolras/feuilly and courfeyrac/feuilly, but.
you can get all the multiships! because then you can have combeferre/bahorel/prouvaire, which is amazing and honestly a little dangerous, and j/b/m/r, which we all know is the real ot4.
😀 my children. I’m going to make this five each because I’m so tired sorry ahh.
- A lot of people are surprised when they hear this – although no one who really knows him – but Courf is really really good with languages. He doesn’t study them like Prouvaire or Marius do and he’s not perfectly fluent, but he speaks at least half a dozen European languages.
- He says it’s because his family travelled a lot when he was younger and he picked them up like a sponge. It’s really super impressive.
- But like, his friends aren’t surprised because they know how incredibly smart he is! Enjolras especially is always telling him how brilliant Courfeyrac is. And Courfeyrac is always flattered and happy about it, because he never thought ‘intelligent’ was one of the things people thought about him (it is – but he doesn’t think it’s how he comes across as.)
- He can’t eat fish or other sea food. It makes him sick every single time.
- Speaking of making him sick: has a rocky relationship with his parents, but nothing compared to the pure venom between him and his older brother. Courfeyrac isn’t bad-tempered, but he isn’t a calm and collected person either. His brother, though, can make him absolutely explode in rage in five seconds top. He’s just so smug and snob and arrogant and terrible. (Combeferre’s his only friend who has met Courfeyrac’s brother. If anyone expected him to say Courfeyrac’s exaggerating, they would be dissapointed. Combeferre despises him too after meeting him only once.)
- He is really really good with hair! Like, at the orphanage one of the ladies who took care of the kids used to have him do her hair for her; in exchange she brought him pastries whenever she happened to go out to a bakery.
- His own hair is always a mess because he just doesn’t bother and only cuts it when it’s getting so long it gets into his eyes when he works.
- Even then. It’s happened that he’s had to borrow one of his fellow fan painters’ hairpin to pin it back because he hadn’t realised it was so long and it can’t cut it right now but it’s so annoying…
- He gets massive headaches/migraines. Like, they get really really bad. Exhaustion, not always eating very well, too much reading in low light, eyestrain from work, stress – reasons depends on how he’s doing at that time, but he doesn’t remember a time when he didn’t have them. He’s forced himself to work through most of of the pain but honestly sometimes it’s just impossible.
- Speaks/read only French, but has excellent handwriting (of course)
AAAAAH. I LOVE THESE. 😀 I now have an image of bb!Feuilly with his tongue sticking out between his teeth and concentrating Very Hard while doing the lady’s hair and I WILL CARRY THAT IMAGE WITH ME ALWAYS BECAUSE TOO PRECIOUS FOR WORDS. XD *squeaks*
AND COURFEYRAC. Aaaaaaaaaah~~~!! Courfeyrac, whose friends think he’s smart and he just doesn’t see it IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TROPES WITH HIM. And I hate his brother already, TOO. *grrrrr*
Thank you!! I love them! 😀