(via “Sons Of Adventure”)
“Sons of Adventure,” performed by Aaron Tveit & Zachary Prince (from the forthcoming An American Victory studio cast album)
Sometimes I just start singing and my mom joins in
#don’t trust this
#they’re probably sirens
That, my friends, is the O Magnum Mysterium by Tomás Luis de Victoria. I would love to live in a house where people just casually sing music like this
No. These people are, in fact, sirens.
- Take Me or Leave Me from Rent; Aaron as Maureen (and Gavin Creel as Joanne) — “this diva needs her stage” “don’t you want your girl hot” etc
- As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver; Aaron as Nancy — tw: the song is from the point of view of a woman in an abusive relationship
- Popular from Wicked; Aaron as Galinda— “Now that I’ve chosen to become a pal, a sister, and adviser”
- Back to Before from Ragtime; Aaron as Mother — “I was your wife”
- Fly, Fly Away from Catch Me If You Can; Aaron as Brenda — “He was just a lonely little boy to me / with his sweet and gentle touch he sure unlocked my soul”
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together — “So anyway, like, the other day he calls me up, right? He’s like ‘I still love you’”
This is amazing
y’all are going to have to put up with my enthusiasm about Georgian polyphony for a hot second, because this is AMAZING. The yodel descant here (which I believe is what’s called krimanchuli) is so incredible. The intensity of the sound that comes out of these women!