(It’s my first story to ever be translated into another language and I’ve just been sitting here squeaking and kicking my feet over it. XD …even though it apparently happened months ago and I just found out but oops. ^_^ BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, RIGHT?)
Making graphics, aesthetics, etc. is fun, but you know what isn’t fun? Using stolen and uncredited pictures. I know, I know, properly crediting people is such a hassle… so what if I told you that there were great sites with completely free pictures that require no attribution whatsoever out there? Under the cut is a list I have compiled with #28 sites that contain photos with no copyright restrictions or watermarks, sorted by quality and each with a short description. Please like and/or reblog if you found this useful!
les misérables + main places || (pictures are not mine)
- la place de la bastille: square in paris where “la prison de la bastille” stood until its destruction in 1789 during the french revolution. in the novel, it’s the site of napoleon’s elephant.
- la rue des filles du calvaire (trad. the street of the ordeal’s daughters/girls): marius’s grandfather’s house. it’s situated in the north-east of the 3rd arrondissement of paris.
- l’église saint-paul saint-louis: church where marius and cosette were married. situated in the marais quarter of paris (4th arrondissement).
- rue de la verrerie: marius & courfeyrac’s apartment.
- “la barricade de la liberté”: also the corinthe. situated rue mondétour and rue rambuteau. it’s where the barricade was built in the novel.
- quai des gesvres: place where javert committed suicide. in the novel, he didn’t jump from a bridge but from an embankment. from his point of view, we can see notre-dame in the background.
café musain: doesn’t exist anymore. it was situated boulevard saint-michel.
- rue plumet: exist under another name now: “rue oudinot”. where jean valjean lived while raising cosette. number #55 doesn’t exist: the musical invented it. it’s hard to tell where valjean’s house could have been situated.
@mamzellecombeferre next time!