😀 my children. I’m going to make this five each because I’m so tired sorry ahh.
- A lot of people are surprised when they hear this – although no one who really knows him – but Courf is really really good with languages. He doesn’t study them like Prouvaire or Marius do and he’s not perfectly fluent, but he speaks at least half a dozen European languages.
- He says it’s because his family travelled a lot when he was younger and he picked them up like a sponge. It’s really super impressive.
- But like, his friends aren’t surprised because they know how incredibly smart he is! Enjolras especially is always telling him how brilliant Courfeyrac is. And Courfeyrac is always flattered and happy about it, because he never thought ‘intelligent’ was one of the things people thought about him (it is – but he doesn’t think it’s how he comes across as.)
- He can’t eat fish or other sea food. It makes him sick every single time.
- Speaking of making him sick: has a rocky relationship with his parents, but nothing compared to the pure venom between him and his older brother. Courfeyrac isn’t bad-tempered, but he isn’t a calm and collected person either. His brother, though, can make him absolutely explode in rage in five seconds top. He’s just so smug and snob and arrogant and terrible. (Combeferre’s his only friend who has met Courfeyrac’s brother. If anyone expected him to say Courfeyrac’s exaggerating, they would be dissapointed. Combeferre despises him too after meeting him only once.)
- He is really really good with hair! Like, at the orphanage one of the ladies who took care of the kids used to have him do her hair for her; in exchange she brought him pastries whenever she happened to go out to a bakery.
- His own hair is always a mess because he just doesn’t bother and only cuts it when it’s getting so long it gets into his eyes when he works.
- Even then. It’s happened that he’s had to borrow one of his fellow fan painters’ hairpin to pin it back because he hadn’t realised it was so long and it can’t cut it right now but it’s so annoying…
- He gets massive headaches/migraines. Like, they get really really bad. Exhaustion, not always eating very well, too much reading in low light, eyestrain from work, stress – reasons depends on how he’s doing at that time, but he doesn’t remember a time when he didn’t have them. He’s forced himself to work through most of of the pain but honestly sometimes it’s just impossible.
- Speaks/read only French, but has excellent handwriting (of course)
AAAAAH. I LOVE THESE. 😀 I now have an image of bb!Feuilly with his tongue sticking out between his teeth and concentrating Very Hard while doing the lady’s hair and I WILL CARRY THAT IMAGE WITH ME ALWAYS BECAUSE TOO PRECIOUS FOR WORDS. XD *squeaks*
AND COURFEYRAC. Aaaaaaaaaah~~~!! Courfeyrac, whose friends think he’s smart and he just doesn’t see it IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TROPES WITH HIM. And I hate his brother already, TOO. *grrrrr*
Thank you!! I love them! 😀