Send a post to someone that’ll love it.
Messaging news! Three things are happening! All of them are good:
- There’s a new button on every post. It’s a paper airplane.
- That paper airplane lets you send any post as a message.
- And messaging is out to everyone. We flipped the switch.
So now 100% of you can talk to a Tumblr using posts instead of words. Or in addition to. Whichever. Have fun!
The paper plane is on iOS and the web right now, and it’ll be flung out to Android users over the next 24 hours.
*slams hands on the table* THESE ARE NOT THE REPLIES WE WERE LOOKING FOR
- You can ‘discuss’ any reblog of any post, not just reply to an OP.
- Instead of going on record in a post’s notes, your comment is only available to message recipients.
- It’s much more personal and involved, imo too personal and involved.
- It puts pressure on people to respond to you in a way that replies very much didn’t.
- We were already able to send people a message to discuss anything, including a post, in private. All this does is drop a link in it.
Bring back regular replies.
UG. FUCKING TUMBLR.