cosette & feuilly & valjean family dynamics!
- i don’t know if cosette & feuilly are siblings by birth or found each other and were adopted around the same time (because they wouldn’t leave each other when valjean came for cosette -) I can’t decide I like both for different reasons.
- either WAY.
- they’re both giant Harry Potter nerds. the first few books in the series were Valjean’s first Christmas present to Feuilly, and Feuilly used to read them aloud to Cosette at night.
- they used to dress up as Harry and Hermione all the time. and dressed up Valjean as Dumbledore. It was like – the Halloween costume they went for every year, even if Halloween wasn’t really a Thing.
- Valjean also totally waited in line to buy the fifth book with Cosette, because Feuilly couldn’t – he had an exam to study for.
- One of Cosette and Feuilly’s biggest ‘conflicts’ as kids was when Cosette really got into pirates and Feuilly got really into space and they couldn’t agree on which is better or more fun.
- They don’t have this sort of thing were siblings/parents have to approve the new boyfriend/girlfriend/datemate, nor do they do the ‘overprotective’ speech, but if the new s.o. does ‘approve’ of the family, the chances of the relationship lasting are nil.
- Cosette has always been more adventurous than Feuilly – he’s curious, and wants to try things, but doesn’t go out of his ways to seek adventures the way Cosette does. He’ll follow her, though, and she always invited him to see art shows, concerts, on roadtrips. It’s not out of protectiveness on either side – she encourages him to branch out from his routine a little more and she’s glad for the company – but honestly it makes Valjean rests a little easier.
- Valjean just can’t help being a little anxious when it comes to his children’s safety – he knows things can get from good to terrible so quickly and he just wants them to be happy.
- and they just want him to be happy too, and even when he doesn’t go with them they’ll always send him postcards. even from the next town over.
- Valjean still has all of their drawings from when they were kids framed and in a drawer of his office.
- They definitely, definitely have dogs. They’re all dog people. The bigger to dog the best.
- ALL OF THEIR FAMILY PICTURES ARE EITHER SUPER DORKY AND SILLY or like, badly framed. Valjean can’t pick a favourite. They make Feuilly wince everytime because he knows photography and they’re terrible. but if he took the pictures he wouldn’t be in them and neither Valjean or Cosette would count it as a family photo.
Tag: THIS IS SO CUTE
Getting ready for his icon.
I have watched
Les Misérables over the weekend! It is REALLY a classic. The set design, the lighting, the music, the themes… oh! A classic!
My fav. barricade boy is definitely the charismatic and passionate leader Enjolras!
“Let others rise to take our place until the earth is FREE!”
aah this is so cute! I love the revolutionary blush .:D
Joly and Bossuet for ♚:Head scratches? ^_^
“And this crevasse here means that you are very clever but bad at
“Monsieur My Good Doctor,” said Bossuet, “I begin to
entertain doubts regarding the veracity of your science.”
“How can you, when the evidence is so irrefutable?” said
Joly, somehow keeping a straight face. He let his hands continue to roam over
Bossuet’s head, massaging his scalp. “Ah, here we have the oratoris offensatum,
common to men who speak very well and make many enemies.”
“The highest doubts,” continued Bossuet. “I am inviting my
doubts to supper and pouring them the finest wine I own.”
“And here,” said Joly, ignoring Bossuet’s comments, “this
protrusion of the skull indicates that you should kiss your doctor often and
thoroughly. For the sake of your health, I recommend starting soon.”
“Behold, the miracles of science! I am made a believer,”
said Bossuet happily.
Star Wars Age!Squash AU, Comic #03
Initiate Era – Initiates Obi-Wan & Anakin – “Mom Friend”
Obi-Wan was there when Master Dooku and Padawan Qui-Gon picked up Anakin from Tatooine. Now that Anakin’s an Initiate, he’s glued himself to the only person he knows. Obi-Wan doesn’t mind.
This is part of the Star Wars Age!Squash AU. Find all other posts through THIS MASTERPOST. Update schedule for future posts will also be on the Masterpost!
Omg cuties they’d go out & get coffee every morning but imagine one morning Feuilly waking up to Enjolras not being there, then going to the kitchen and finding a cup of coffee with a lil note
Can you believe I actually already have a very specific headcanon about this (you can, can’t you?).
But when they start ‘dating’ – what passes as dating for the two of them; they’ve been dating for a long time without actually being each other’s boyfriend, but when they decide that they are, that’s when they start spending more time at each other’s place, sleeping over in the same bed come naturally.
They stay over at Feuilly’s place more often than not, because Feuilly’s actually fond of his crappy tiny crooked little three-room apartment, and it’s closer to his job. His bed is tucked in a corner of the room, and they sorta fall into the habit of Enjolras sleeping on the bedside table side (? you know) so that Feuilly usually wakes him up too when he gets up for work in the morning, allowing them to go out and get coffee and eat breakfast together – some days the only thing they can do together because they’re so busy.
So one morning Feuilly wakes up – it’s 7:15 instead of his usual 6:15, how did that happen, that never happens to him, why didn’t he wake up – and Enjolras isn’t there. Did Enjolras not wake him up? What’s happening –
by this time Feuilly’s half-panicked scrambled out of bed and into the kitchen, and his train of thought screeches to a halt and he remembers.
He sees the cup of coffee right there on the table, still warm (take out coffee always takes forever to cool down) and a note from Enjolras:
I don’t know if you remember, but you switched shifts this morning; you start at 1 p.m. instead of 7 a.m. I’m in class until 2.
and what looks like a few little x kisses, followed by Enjolras’ signature.
So Feuilly sits back, drinks his coffee, showers amd get dressed, and knowing Enjolras probably didn’t eat breakfast, stops at the coffee shop to pick up a croissant on his way to meet Enjolras on his break between classes and they eat together. ❤
Courferre AU in which Ferre writes children books and Courf is making the drawings and illustrations and they finally meet at a gala organized by the edition house and they all had imagined how the other would be based on their works and when they finally see each other it’s nothing like they could have imagined. It’s better.
Oh my gosh…!!!!!!!!!!!!
They probably had several phone calls over the time that they worked together, for work purposes, of course, but they were always very friendly and got along super well (and often times they would go off topic and start talking about Star Wars, but that’s not important).
And, well, they know they both share many common interests, they are near the same age, they’re both single, they both have a passion for children, so of course there’s always the intruding thought of becoming more than colleagues… Nothing just comes out of it.
Until the gala, then they are both super excited (and for some reason, super nervous?) to finally meet. And so when Courf gets introduced to the very attractive man he’s been noticing since he walked in, his jaw drops when he finds out that he is Combeferre.
Ferre is completely stunned when he sees that Courfeyrac is even more perfect in person and more attractive than he could’ve imagined.
Cue both of them being very flustered and ridiculous the whole night until the end when Courf is just like “Hey. It’s been a long night. Care to join me for a drink?”
Combeferre immediately agrees.
you know, there are so many great things to say about Enjolras’ canon List Of My Favourite Things About My Friends
one of them is obviously that you know that if he could have (and maybe he did), he’d have written that all down on a page of his diary, probably doodled a little in the margins and read it as often as he could
but another one is like. he lists Feuilly’s a like – his enthusiasm. Which is amazing. because honsetly it makes me thing of this one friend everyone has (or is) that is really, really into something and you really admire their passion even if it frequently goes into ‘too much it’s intimidating’ territory, but it doesn’t harm anyone so you’re just like ‘ah yes, they’re very – enthusiastic’ because they’re so cute.
so if like – Enjolras thinks your enthusiasm for the thing is a little overwhelming, imagine how freaking enthusiastic you’d have to be
and it ties perfectly and subtly to Feuilly’s intro where he just doesn’t shut up about his favourite causes and subjects
i love it so much
honestly im so proud of myself for finishing this bc i thought for sure i’d quit after enjolras (he was the first one) anyways!!! here’s my interpretation of les amis & co. in modern/ high school au! (not college bc im a ninny) (and definitely not ripped off from the likes of @batcii)
(click for names!)
i really did try for diversity in terms of race, body, style etc etc and i know i’m not the best at it yet but if i don’t try when the feck will i be! that said, if u see an issue with it know that it was unintentional and if u’d kindly point it out i’ll do my best not to do that in the future!
design notes under the cut! :))
i’m just thinking of like. Enjolras works in a coffee shop – part time, he’s a student. And Feuilly comes in every morning before work, getting his coffee, and they don’t chat much because it’s morning rush and they’re both busy but they sorta end up having a crush on each other. Meanwhile Feuilly works in a art&crafts supply store nearby, which Enjolras finds out after a few weeks of seeing each other every other day in the coffee shop?
anyway, one day Feuilly just sorta stops going to the coffee shop – ‘cause, yeah, Enjolras’ great and lovely and nice, but his coffee is too damn expensive. And he sorts of tell himself that he’ll go sometime, as a treat, but he keeps missin Enjolras. 😦
MEANWHILE Enjolras sorts of start going to the art&craft store more often to see Feuilly, since he doesn’t come to the coffee shop anymore. But he doesn’t want to look like – creepy weird, so Courfeyrac suggests he picks up things. Craft supplies. Pretends he knows what the hell he’s doing when talking to Feuilly. (He’s not, Feuilly picks up on it right away because they’re both terrible liars and they’re way too enthusiastic about things like politics as soon as they get started.)
the totally end up having craft nights at the coffee shop, too! Enjolras is super interested in calligraphy, to his great surprise?
and i’m going somewhere with this and it’s cute and slow burn and the enj/feuilly fic I wish I could write. :’)