the politics of light and dark are everywhere in our vocabulary…psa to writers: subvert this, reveal whiteness and lightness as sometimes artificial and violent, and darkness as healing, the unknown as natural
Some ideas for bad things that are white/light:
- lightning, very hot fire
- snow storms, ice, frost on crops
- some types of fungus/mold
- corpses, ghosts, bones, a diseased person
- clothing, skin tone, hair, etc. of a bad person
- fur, teeth, eyes of an attacking animal/monster
- bleached out deserts, dead trees, lifeless places
Some ideas for good things that are black/dark:
- rich earth/soil
- chocolate, truffles, wine, cooked meat
- friendly animals/pets/creatures
- a character’s favorite vehicle, technology, coat, etc.
- a pleasant night
- hair, skin tone, clothing, etc. of a good person
- undisturbed water of a lake
- the case/container of something important
- valued wood, furniture, art
Think to burn, to infect, to bleach vs. to enrich, to protect, to be of substance.
soooo not quite The Prompt, but I incorporated the word at least? >.> I am rusty at these two. please forgive me. 🙂
aaaah I love it! The feeling of a lazy Morning After (after what? does anyone even really remember?) ,the affectionate mutual snarking,the horrible decor, it’s all great. Thank you!
just wanted to draw some modern Les mis’ clothes. I personally think that on that subject R doesn’t try at all 95% of the time.
i use coffee instead of liquor to drink away my problems :>
les mis aesthetics: courfeyrac and combeferre